Friday, October 31, 2008

Technical difficulties on chickenandhowie.com

Last night I found a pretty big little bug on the chickenandhowie.com website. It's come to my attention that several weeks ago, while I was making some little cosmetic tweak, I accidentally saved over the "Emily According to Brian" page with one of my work pages that I used when I was designing the site.

Because of this, instead of the beautiful little description of me that Brian had written, you have several paragraphs of "Lorem Ipsum". Lorem Ipsum is a tool that graphic designers use so they can work on design before they have the actual text in hand. At a glance, the random Latin words look like English. And somehow I managed to save my Lorem Ipsum version of the page over all the final draft copies I have.

Anyway... I'm working on finding the text that Brian wrote so I can get it back up on the site. If that fails, he's promised to write a new introduction. Until I can get it fixed, though, here's an excerpt from our birthparent letter that Brian wrote about me:

Let me tell you a little bit about Emily. Emily has a spunky personality. She loves having fun and is willing to try anything at least once. Emily is so very loving and caring. If she knows that she can help someone enjoy life a little bit better, she will do all she can to provide that help. Being the second child in a large family, Emily loves having kids around and knows exactly what to do to keep a child happy. She seems to attract kids. When we are in church, we often will have a kid come to visit us.

Emily loves to learn. Because of this, she speaks Spanish and Italian fluently and knows bits and pieces of many other languages. Because she speaks Spanish, she is often asked to translate. A few times a year she will go and help a kindergarten teacher in our ward translate parent teacher conferences. This is something that she really enjoys.

Emily loves music. She is always singing. She will often sing me songs that she makes up, just for fun. It amazes me that she can come up with words that rhyme so quickly. For the past year Emily has been teaching piano to two neighborhood kids. It is fun watching her get ready to teach. One of the children she teaches is mildly autistic. Emily has a lot of fun teaching the basics and sharing her love of music.

No comments: